QuickBooks issue 3371 frequently occurs when you attempt to activate QuickBooks or while reconfiguring your PC. This error message may also display if the company’s files are corrupt. Notably, this error is commonly attribute to the misconfigure QuickBooks system file name the entitlementDataStore.ECML. To learn more about this problem, make sure you read this post completely. By the end of this article, we will make sure that you are successfully able to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
If you feel any hindrance or deterrence while engaging with the troubleshooting measures included in this article, you should call our experts at 1 800 761 1787.
What leads to QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
- Certain damage caused to the QuicBooks registration and MSXML component.
- The data folders might have been damaged.
- There hasn’t been a Windows update.
- A special problem brought on by third-party programs
- Poor internet connection or a network issue.
What methods can assist in resolving QuickBooks Error 3371?
Users can make use of the various methods given below for resolving this QuickBooks error. These methods involve deleting the ECML file, updating Windows, renaming the Entitlement file, using QuickBooks Tool Hub, using Install Diagnostic Tool,
1: Remove the ECML file
The first method requires deleting the ECML file on your system.
- In the inception, hit on the Windows and the R keys simultaneously to open the Run Window.
- Type the following route into the run window when it displays on the screen: ‘C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement\Client\v8 ‘
- Finally, press the Enter key.
- In this section, you must first select the Entitlement DataStore.ECML file and then press the Delete key to remove it.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator.
- The software must now be registered once more.
- Check to see if Error 3371 has been fixed. Go on to the next strategy if it still bothers you.
2: Rename the Entitlement file
Renaming the entitlement file requires the following procedure:
For Windows Operating System
- Select the Start menu.
- From the start menu, access the Run window. The Run window can also be opened by pressing Windows and R keys.
- In the path field, enter C: Documents and Settings/ AllUsers/Application/Data/Intuit/Entitlement Clientv2.
- Soon after, click on OK.
- Give the ECML file the new name DataStore.
For Windows Operating System (7 users)
- Navigate to the following directory: C:/ProgramData/Intuit/Entitlement/Clientv*.
- Rename the Entitlement file.
- Upon launching QuickBooks, the program will immediately create a new entitlement file.
- If the application data folder is hidden, follow the instructions below to make it visible:
- Carry out the following procedures: In My Computer, go to Organize > Folder > Search options.
- You must then search for the Hidden Files & Folders option.
- Verify QuickBooks to check if QuickBooks error Code 3371 has been fixed.
3: Update your Windows package
You should consider updating your Windows to the latest release as it may help in fixing QuickBooks error code 3371.
- From the start button, select All programs.
- Next, click Window Update.
- After that, select the check for updates option.
- To start the procedure, select all the required updates and click the Update button.
- QuickBooks Desktop should be reinstalled and updated once more.
- After the update process is complete, check to see if the error was repaired. Use the following approach if not.
4: Resolve QuickBooks error 3371 Manually
- Rebuild the entitlement file that was removed first. The user must then take care of the license and registration issues.
- To fix the following files, use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. This tool can fix Issues with the Microsoft NET Framework, C++, and the MSXML component.
- Run the reboot file to update QuickBooks to complete.
5: Use the QuickBooks tool hub
- After acquiring the QuickBooks tool hub from the Intuit website, install it.
- After starting the tool, select the option to Quick Fix My Program.
- Next, examine the installation issues before searching for Error 3371.
- Fix the issue after they are being diagnosed.
- Select OK immediately.
- Verify if the error was fixed. If not, move on to the following troubleshooting step.
6: Use the install diagnostic tool
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool fixes any install-related issues in QuickBooks. The steps to use the tool are as follows:
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub first.
- Look for the tab labeled installation Issues.
- Next, select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the menu.
- Start the tool’s operation.
- Watch for the process to be finished.
- After the procedure is complete, restart your PC.
You may also read : Know Facts About UAE Golden Visa From Business Set Up Consultants
Ending this article on a supportive note!
We hope that the various troubleshooting methods to get rid of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. For expert assistance, you can call our experts at the helpline 1 800 761 1787. Feel no reluctance to contact us and share your queries with our certified accounting professionals.